Friday, December 21, 2012

Lolita Blog Carnival: Underrated Colors

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful week. I just recently started my winter break, so hopefully I'll have more blogging time. Today, I'll be posting with the Lolita Blog Carnival about Underrated Colors!

The Lolita Blog Carnival is a group of bloggers who dress in lolita, and each week, we post about one of the same topics. You can visit our facebook page HERE!

Today's topic, underrated colors, is a topic I hold very dearly to my heart. A couple years ago, when I was first starting out in lolita, my favorite color was green. I asked my grandmother to sew me a dress for my birthday, and it was a lovely shade of muted mint green.

After posting my outfits on the Lolita Forums, I received an overwhelming amount of hate. Not specifically on my outfits, but more on the color of my dress. One person went so far as to even say it wasn't a lolita color. I was totally upset by this. How could colors be deemed as "lolita" or "not lolita"?


These are the three colors I feel are most underrated in the lolita style: peach, muted mint, and royal purple. 

Peach is one of my absolute favorite colors ever. I think it looks beautiful and sweet, especially paired with a creamy white. I think this color is often ignored, and I can't even think of a dress I've seen with this color. I feel like it would be a great alternative to the color pink, especially in sweet or classical lolita. 


I love the muted mint color. I think it adds a bit more elegance to an outfit, rather than the brighter baby pastel mint. This color seems a lot more adult to me and I feel like it's a versatile color. I, myself, have a skirt in this color, and it is a very fun piece to play around with. 


And last but not least, royal purple. This has evolved into being one of my absolute favorite colors lately. Although lavender is a hugely popular color in the lolita style, it's darker counterpart seems to get little to no attention. I feel like royal purple would be a very beautiful color to pair with a hime or classical coordinate. I also think it would be a lovely color to pair with a black gothic coordinate. 


I even had issues finding a non-ita picture of a purple lolita dress, and I'm pretty sure this isn't even lolita, because it looks like it is probably full length. 

Comment below with colors you'd also like to see more in lolita, and if you liked this post, check out what the other girls in the Carnival think about underrated colors! 


Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you all have wonderful weekends, holidays, and let's hope the world doesn't end ♥ Be safe, everyone. 
Yours Truly, Jamie♥

2 comments: