Friday, December 28, 2012

Lolita Blog Carnival: 5 Books Every Lolita Should Read

Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful last couple days of 2012. Today, I will be posting with the Lolita Blog Carnival about five books every lolita should read! I love the idea for this post. Reading is one of the most crucial parts of my life. I absolutely adore reading.

1. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov 

This is the very first book I believe every single lolita should read. It is the book that most people would mistake it for when you say "this is lolita". I understand that this book is seen in a very bad light, but I enjoyed reading it... well. Hm, how should I word this? xD It is a very good example of wonderful prose. I enjoy higher reading, and this book is definitely under that category. Nabokov's use of vocabulary is astonishing.

However, I also feel that every lolita should read this so that they don't make rash assumptions about this book. It's one thing to call it crap and the like after reading it. You have formed a well educated opinion. But deciding that it's the devil because it gives you a bad name, but not looking into it? That's just ignorant. 

2. Kamikaze Girls by Novala Takemoto 

Most lolitas have seen this hilarious movie about friendship, however, I found the book to be significantly more entertaining. This book isn't a hard read at at, and it follows, for the most part, closely to the plot of the movie. I think every lolita who likes Kamikaze Girls the movie, should see where the idea originated from. [: 

3. The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory 

I may just be putting this book in here because it's one of my all time favorite books, however I think there are plenty of lolitas out there who enjoy the historical aspect of lolita. The Other Boleyn girl is a fiction novel based on the story of Mary and Anne Boleyn, who lived in the court of King Henry VIII during the Early 1500's. 

4. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland 

Although I didn't particularly enjoy this book, I think it is a basic book that most lolitas should read. Seeing as how Alice in Wonderland motifs are used incredibly throughout the whole lolita fashion. That's pretty much all I have to say about that book xD 

5. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery 
\
I loved this book a lot. I mostly just included it though, because a lot of other people did, I have read it, and I had a hard time thinking of a last book to add. xD 

Thank you for reading this Lolita Blog Carnival post! Check out what the other girls were writing about:


Yours Truly, Jamie♥

No comments:

Post a Comment