Monday, July 2, 2012

Brave Review!

Hello everyone! I hope you're all well and having a great summer. I know I am, however, I'm so ready for school to start. Unfortunately, our school banned t-shirts from our dress code... I don't understand this at all one bit. I feel especially bad for my sister because that is pretty much her entire wardrobe. Anyway, here is my Brave review.


For anyone who hasn't seen previews, Brave is a new Disney Pixar movie. It is about a young girl named Merida, who lives in ancient Scotland and has three suitors competing for her hand in marriage. The characteristic scene from previews is a scene in which Merida rips her tight dress and shoots three arrows into the direct center of some targets, whilst saying "My name's Merida, and I'll be shootin' fer my own hand!" 

Being a feminist, I was naturally drawn to the advertisement. I can tell you now, I was definitely not displeased! As anyone who may have looked at other reviews or anything about this movie, you may know Merida does not have a prince. Merida is also the first and only Pixar Disney princess.


I love that Merida gif :DD Anyway, back to the beef.

First, might I just say, I'd give the filmography a 10/10. It was absolutely beautiful. I do believe Pixar really outdid themselves. The color scheme and shapes were wonderful, and through all the internet reviews I've heard on Brave, never once have I heard anyone say anything negative about the filmography.

Overall,m  I thought the story was very developed and great. I hear a lot of people saying they felt like it was rushed or stolen from other movies, but I believe it to be a wonderful movie to begin with. It's definitely a mother daughter movie, which was a breath of fresh air compared to the numerous love stories that princesses tend to wind up having

I also enjoyed the family hardships being detailed in this story. Although it didn't remind me of my mother and I (we get along fairly well), I think it was definitely a relate-able story.


Another plus to this movie was the lack of a true antagonist. There are two real "bad guys" but the bad guys of this movie are just understood, or do this that turn out to be bad.

Overall, I really enjoyed the message this movie conveyed, as well as the whole thing! I laughed, I cried and I enjoyed myself greatly. I was really looking forward to seeing this movie, and I was very glad to be pleased. I suggest this movie to anyone of all ages, especially to mothers and daughters. Definitely one of my favorite movies, and I'll probably see it a few more times in theaters and I'll be asking for the DVD for Christmas.

Thank you guys for reading this review! Comment below on what you thought of the movie if you saw it, and have a wonderful day!

Yours Truly, Jamie♥

No comments:

Post a Comment